Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Nascar allows hard liquor sponsors...

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner ek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2001
    Posts
    1,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Forever Nascar has not allowed hard liquor sponsors...that changed this year...I think it's a good change...I mean they allowed beer, might as well allow hard liquor...but the reason for the post is...my 2 favorite drivers are Robbie Gordon, and Dave Blaney...

    well wouldn't you know it...

    davewsig

    rgordon00 car

    I can't wait to get me some merchandise...

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner ek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2001
    Posts
    1,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the 2nd car is Robby Gordon..

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner ek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2001
    Posts
    1,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    crown royal

    Kurt Busch is the other...but this will only be for a couple races out of the year...his main sponsor is still sharpie...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member rmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wonder what hard liquor fans will be like.. you know, the #8 fans are so retarded and I know a lot of them actually being fans has to do with his dad...it just makes me wonder what hard liquor fans (especially those of Robby Gordon's) will be like.

    There may not be as many devoted to one liquor as there are to beer, but it'll be interesting to see if either get the following that the beer sponsored cars get.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner SHATOUSHKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    22,191
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i think the fact that this thread exists already
    answers you, italipino [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Trampis's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 1st, 2001
    Posts
    462
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have strong views on all this alcohol stuff.(no Im not a tea-totler)

    First,I dont see the difference between Beer,wine or hard liquor.Its all alcohol,just how much per volume.Probably my views,or negative attitude, is more directly pointed towards the wine crowd.I get this feeling that the wine crowd thinks that when they drink wine,instead of beer or whiskey,that they are somehow not getting a alcohol buzz.The buzz they get is the same buzz you get when you have a shot or a beer.The wine buzz is not more mystical or any better if you want to drive.Its the same damn thing.

    Id never want to be sponsered by anything unhealthy.There was a Motocross rider in the early nineties named Trampas Parker(thats where I got my screen name),and he rode the world grand prix mx circut and was sponsered by Chesterfield cigarettes.Ill never forget in an interview how he talked of his displeasure with being sponsered by a cig manufacture."How can I participate in a sport that demands top fitness yet be sponsered by a cig company?",he said.

  7. #7
    HB Forum Owner ek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2001
    Posts
    1,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well I can totally understand why alcohol beverages would want to sponsor a nascar team...I mean...look at the majority of the fans...16-35 men...the target group...it helps sell merchandise...most people like a shirt with a beer or whiskey on it...and I can see why Nascar allowed it...their aren't that many companies that have the bank roll to sponsor a nascar team...and if they do...would it benefit them?...but with such loyalty in nascar it's perfect...Jr. fans will only drink Budweiser because of Jr. if he switched to the Miller Light car...I bet 75% of the fans would jump ship to Miller...

    and I agree...I never understood the ban in the 1st place...Beer has been allowed since the 70's...and I don't see why it took them this long to include hard liqours...

    and to italapino...I think his fans will be more intelligent...for one...only someone that has some sort of thought process to see Robby's driving skill and how many different vehicles he drives and drives successfully...and also can enjoy a drink of bourbon and not want to start a bar fight will follow him...80% of nascar fans hate him (Jr. fans) because he bumped Jr. once or twice...that won't change because Jim Beam is on his car...

    I mean look at road races...that is where the drivers win...not who has the most money for engines and tunnel testing...that's where the drives have to turn left & right and shift gears...not just pin it and turn left every now and then...and if Robby doesn't win those...he's in the top 5 in contention for the win...*spits at Jr's fans*

    *falls down after one throws a budweiser bottle at him*

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ February 18, 2005 10:15 AM: Message edited by: ek3 ]</font>

  8. #8
    Inactive Member GravyTrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 15th, 2001
    Posts
    4,143
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really like the look of the Jack Daniel's car...of course that probably goes back to the whole concept of me liking anything of that color.

    As for the Kurt Bushch 97 car, I think that is a huge downgrade. I think the Sharpie car is one of hte classier looking cars on the track.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member rmartino's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    P.S.

    Robby's is now my new favorite car. Not only is it a RED Monet Carlo ( [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ) it's also #7. Plus, the 22 hasn't done much in the past 2 years. I'm ashamed, but I guess I'm a fair weather Wimmer fan and I'm tired of the rain.

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner ek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2001
    Posts
    1,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well I don't know what Wimmer will do now...I think you were the only person who even knew the name of the guy driving the 22 car...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •